OS4X Webaccess Electron client
The OS4X Webaccess electron client is a native app for supported operating systems, offering features like:
- Automatic username fill-in
- Automatic language detection, based on the operating system
- Native menu bar integration with multi-language support and shortcuts
- High performance up- and download
- Native access to all local accessible file systems (including network shares)
- Optional automatic decompression of ZIP, TAR and gzip files, recursively
- Notifications for new incoming jobs in Windows 10 with single click access to the job(s)
- Full support for client-side plugins for exporting and importing data to defined CAD environments
The OS4X Webaccess electron client can be installed anywhere in the filesystem, accessible by the user. We deliver the package as a ZIP archive which can be extracted anywhere. Typical installations in Windows environments are in the target path
Installed in this location, the provided link "
OS4X Webaccess.lnk" (located in the ZIP archive) offers a great user experience due to the correct linked location (see Windows 10 notifications below).
When starting the client interactively by starting the file "
OS4X Webaccess.exe", it will ask for a OS4X Webaccess 6 URL. The client verifies the correctness of the OS4X Webaccess instance and indicates errors if it is not compatible.
The following parameters are available for an automated start.
The URL can be passed with the parameter
If no other parameters are passed, this parameter can be also passed without indication, solely as the only parameter (see third example).
"C:\Program Files\OS4X Webaccess-win32-x64\OS4X Webaccess.exe" -u http://os4x-server/webaccess "C:\Program Files\OS4X Webaccess-win32-x64\OS4X Webaccess.exe" --url http://os4x-server/webaccess "C:\Program Files\OS4X Webaccess-win32-x64\OS4X Webaccess.exe" http://os4x-server/webaccess
The default window title "OS4X Webaccess 6" can be overridden with the parameter
If set, this parameter must be the first parameter of the program. Examples:
"C:\Program Files\OS4X Webaccess-win32-x64\OS4X Webaccess.exe" -t "Alternative title" --url http://os4x-server/webaccess "C:\Program Files\OS4X Webaccess-win32-x64\OS4X Webaccess.exe" --title "Alternative title" --url http://os4x-server/webaccess
The most important tasks can be accessed via the menu bar or via shortcuts. These depend on the configuration of the OS4X Webaccess functionalities dynamically:
- OS4X Enterprise - internet job invitation
- Password change (if authenticated with internal mechanism)
Archive files are analyzed if required (users can turn off this feature), so when an archive is being identified, the client asks the user for permission to extract it. Each compressed archive will be extracted in a subdirectory if the extracted file (without suffix).
When checking the checkbox "Don't ask again", the buttons have the following meaning:
- Yes: extraction will be done automatically for every file, now and in the future.
- No: no extraction will be done ever.
Users can change this configuration via the "File" -> "Settings" menu entry:
Windows 10 notifications
In order to obtain full benefit of the client, a link to the application must be placed in a specific directory (or below). Windows 10 dynamically scans these directories for new links to apps which obtain the permission to send localized notifications to end users. Copy the provided link "OS4X Webaccess.lnk" to a place below:
This will enable notifications after the next start of the client, like:
Settings and cache
In order to delete settings of the client, just delete its user specific directory. Beware that the user session is also part of this content, so the user needs to re-authenticate against the server.